Our body requires 20 different amino acids to perform well, nine of which are called essential amino acids (EAA) while the remaining are non essential amino acids. The food that we eat is the prime source of these essential amino acids, as our body is insufficient to produce them. The food rich in protein like eggs, dairy products, and beef are the great source of these amino acids. So, for the correct functioning of your body you must buy essential amino acids rich food.
What are amino acids?
Amino acids are building blocks of protein. A substance present in each cell of the human body. We need daily intake of the protein to repair the damaged cells. It is also needed to make new cells thus we can say that protein plays an important role in our development. Each protein is made up of a unique chain of amino acids. It is this sequence which decides the shape and the function of protein inside our body.
What are the different types of amino acids?
Primarily Amino acids are classified into following three types
Nonessential Amino Acids: These amino acids do not play an important role in our day to day activities and can be produced by our body.
Conditional Amino Acids: These amino acids play an important role at times when we are sick, injured or stressed.
Essential Amino Acids: As the name suggests they are really very important for the proper functioning of our body. But the interesting thing is that our body cannot produce them.Hence, one has to buy essential amino acids drinks to fulfill the day to day requirement.
- Histidine – It acts as a catalyst to the formation of the neurotransmitter histamine. Histamine plays a very important role in the body’s digestion, immune function, sleep and sexual function.
- Isoleucine – It improves your body’s muscle metabolism and immune function. It helps your body prepare hemoglobin and regulate energy.
- Leucine – It helps in making protein and growth hormones. It helps to grow and repair muscle tissues, heal wounds and manage blood sugar levels. Peanut butter is a rich source of leucine. You can buy peanut butter online for one rep more.
- Lysine – Lysine is responsible for the production of hormones and energy. It’s also required for calcium and immune function.
- Methionine: It helps in the body’s tissue growth, detoxification and metabolism. Methionine helps in absorption of essential minerals like zinc and selenium.
- Phenylalanine: Phenylalanine is essential for forming the brain’s chemical messengers, including epinephrine, norepinephrine and dopamine.
- Threonine: They provide structure to body and skin tissues. They also help in forming blood clots.
- Tryptophan – It helps in maintaining the body’s correct nitrogen balance. It also helps in making serotonin, a brain chemical.
- Valine – Valine is helpful for tissue regeneration, muscle growth, and providing energy to the body.
What foods contain amino acids?
EAAs can be found in a variety of foods like soy, quinoa, buckwheat, beef, fish, eggs, dairy, etc. Foods that are rich in all nine essential Amino acids are called complete protein. However, if you are looking for some quick solution then you can buy essential amino acids supplements. Apart from providing the essential amino acids to the body these supplements optimize the functioning of the liver and neurotransmitter.
Amino acids are the molecules needed by all the living beings to prepare protein. Which you can easily get by eating a healthy diet.